Sample preparation of fine powders has never been easier. Rapid, reproducible grinding of virtually any solid material is possible using the MillPrep™ micro ball mill. Coarse powders, granules, and pellets are quickly reduced to a fine powder for pressing into wafers or direct analysis. Even difficult materials, such as paper, soft wood, and biomass can be pulverized in seconds!
- Two available holder styles provide wide range of
- With a wide range of grinding jars of various sizes and materials the MillPrep™ is capable of meeting practically all the grinding, including wet grinding, and mixing needs of today’s laboratory.
- The wide range of oscillation frequencies allows ultra fine grinding of a variety of materials such as wood fibers, soil samples, and biomass in seconds on the same instrument.
- Through the combination of high-energy vibration and the punch of the grinding balls the MillPrep™ can not only grind hard and brittle materials but medium soft, soft, and elastic materials as well.
- By interchanging the grinding jars and balls for a variety of vial holders, the MillPrep™ now becomes a high-energy mixer, capable of liquid-liquid dispersion and homogenizing suspensions in seconds.
- The dual jar design increases throughput while simultaneously reducing vibration via counter oscillation.
The MillPrep and grinding accessories are sold separately.
- Precise control of both grinding time and frequency
provides reproducible results.
- Cryogen grinding is available to freeze samples prior to mixing, so even soft, elastic materials, like rubber and soft plastics can be ground efficiently
- Self-centering clamping system allows for rapid loading and unloading of sample jars, while ensuring proper balance of the vibrating arms.
- Vibrating parts are enclosed in an interlocked lid that prevents the sample holders from oscillating when open and stops them quickly when opened during operation.
- Transparent, impact-resistant panel on the lid allows viewing the jars during operation
- Small footprint uses very little of the valuable bench space in your lab.
- Sample sizes range from 0.2 ml up to 160 ml using appropriate sample jars and balls.
- Choose the accessories you need for grinding, cell disruption for RNA/DNA extraction, or turbulent mixing.
- Available in either standard Pearl or Stainles Steel finishes.